— Watch a slideshow of images of La Baïonnette —
La Baïonnette is a very private, peaceful and beautifully restored 19th-century property in the south-west of France, less than 70km from Toulouse, the fourth-largest city in the country, and 1km outside the tiny village of Vieux. La Baïonnette comprises a farmhouse and a converted barn on one hectare of treed land with country views and a gorgeous swimming pool. It is close to villages that offer all essentials, and a 15-minute drive to the nearest bustling river town, Gaillac, with parks, galleries, boutiques and major supermarkets.
La Baïonnette is within easy cycling or driving distance of the many historic Bastide villages, rivers, forests and kayak-friendly gorges that give this gently undulating part of south-western France its distinct character — not forgetting the numerous wine-tasting caves sprinkled across the landscape.
The property at a glance:
- 1 hour from Toulouse-Blagnac airport
- 5-minute drive from the village of Cahuzac-sur-Vère, with all amenities and a legendary delicatessen called Côte à Côte
- House is a no-smoking zone, but smokers are welcome
- Pets by arrangement
- Excellent wireless Internet throughout property
La Baïonnette Farmhouse at a glance:
- For rent throughout the year
- Self-catering, excellently appointed
- 4 bedrooms; sleeps 8
- All-cotton linen; bath and swim towels provided
- Covered, poolside dining for 8, with barbeque